By Cherie Roe Dirksen, Conscious Life News
Why We Need Creativity
Not only do you as an individual benefit from lateral and imaginative thinking and then manifesting creation through your skill or expertise, but society benefits too.
Can you imagine the world without art, music, literature, hout-cuisine, architecture, landscaping and a host of other delectable contributions that others have provided since time immemorial?
We use art as forms of escape, relaxation, pensivity, contemplation, expansion, bliss and elation. Who are we, as human beings, without our love of art and creative expansion?
Why You Are An Artist
It’s true — creativity comes in many shapes and forms.
The definition of an artist should really be one who brings color (be it physical or metaphorical), vitality, alternative thinking, joy and life to any endeavor. And seeing we are all co-creators of this reality, we all have the potential to be creative too.
You are unique and have something to offer the world at large — you just may not have tapped into it yet.
Why You Need To Exercise Your Super Creative Powers Today
Here are some reasons why you should start using creative flare in your life right now:
- Super Power No. 1 is PURPOSE — when you’re in your ‘zone’ you feel a greater sense of purpose, especially if what you are doing is not only uplifting yourself but others too. When you take pleasure in what you do, you are contributing your valuable, unique skill to the world.
- Super Power No. 2 is PEACE — when you are fulfilling your life with projects of beautification — no matter if it’s weeding the garden, writing a symphony, cleaning the house or painting the latest Vermeer — you normally employ a meditative state that centers your being in supreme focus and flow of universal energy. That’s why it feels so good to get creative. Sometimes we get to enter a state of no thought too which has amazing benefits for our mind, body, soul connection which brings me to…
- Super Power No. 3 is RELAXAVOUSISM — yup, a completely made up word demonstrating the super power to enter a state of complete relaxation through positive distraction (aka creativity). This cracking ability enables us to de-stress our weary little bodies and minds — indeed a super power in todays world of chaos and mayhem, wouldn’t you say?
- Super Power No. 4 is BALANCED BRAIN PROWESS — when we engage in creativity we usually give the left hemisphere of our brains a break and stimulate the right hemisphere for a change. We need balance in all aspects of life and using the right and left hemisphere of the brain is no different. We are usually very much engaged in our left brain — the practical and linear way of thinking — so it is very important to take a vacation to the other side and stretch your legs with imagination, beauty and expressiveness. You will find that when you do this you have a better balance in your everyday life and are less likely to burn-out or have a breakdown.
- Super Power No. 5 is SMUG SATISFACTION — Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi said that our intrinsic motivation is whatever produces flow which ultimately becomes its own reward. When you are in this flow of creative expression, you will feel the ultimate satisfaction and elation. Pursuing your creative flame ensures that you will tickle the inner child that bursts to express exuberance and ingenuity. When you do this, you will find that the tasks you do that invoke such inventiveness also bring that evasive feeling that is pure delight. Connecting with your creativity will connect you with that innate sense of joy and you will be one satisfied super hero!
So, dust off your cape, don those underpants on the outside of your tights and get ready to fly off into the great wide world of creative expression, expansion and elation!
Cherie Roe Dirksen
Cherie is a self-empowerment author and multi-media artist from South Africa. To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com. Get stuck into finding your passion, purpose and joy by downloading some of those books gratis when you click HERE.
Her ambition is to help you to connect with your innate gift of creativity and living the life you came here to experience by taking responsibility for your actions and becoming the co-creator of your reality.
You can also follow Cherie on Facebook (The Art of Empowerment).
Cherie posts a new article on CLN every Thursday. To view her articles, click HERE.