No matter how hard it gets, choose love ❤️
Sometimes we must really enter the depths of ourselves to see the light that shines within, and upon shining our light we also reveal darkness that we may not have known to be present.
This is the sometimes confusing paradox that can wreak havoc on us, but also without one the other has no comparison so cannot exist. However, regardless of how we feel in this moment or the next, we can always choose to love unconditionally. This is the feeling summed up in 19 beautiful quotes on the darkness transmuted:
- “Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I’m tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become.” Johnny Weir
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” — (Unknown)
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”— Rumi
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” James Baldwin
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.”— Rainer Maria Rilke
- “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” — Lao Tzu
- “When you adopt the viewpoint that there is nothing that exists that is not part of you, that there is no one who exists who is not part of you, that any judgment you make is self-judgment, that any criticism you level is self-criticism, you will wisely extend to yourself an unconditional love that will be the light of the world.”– Harry Palmer
- “That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” — Atticus
- “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”— Oscar Wilde
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.”— Paulo Coelho
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”— Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”— Lao Tzu
- “A healthy self-love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life.”– Andrew Matthews
- “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven? And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives? When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see in truth that you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”— Kahlil Gibran
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”- Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We humans are so tortured by not properly guessing what will make us happy” — Atticus
- “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
Please share this with someone (or everyone) you love!
Image Copyright: majdansky / 123RF Stock Photo